Many of the courses taught by Irene Gammel and the postdoctoral fellows on her team are Experiential Learning courses, in which students combine the study of theory with practice, anchoring theory through hands-on components.
An experiential learning course, in the Literatures of Modernity MA Program, culminating in a large public event.
An experiential learning course in the Communication and Culture MA and PhD Program taught by Dr. Irene Gammel.
This course explores themes and processes of social change through the theory and praxis of exhibition, curation, and literary cultures.
This is an experiential learning course in the Arts and Contemporary Studies BA Program, which involves students in a research practicum.
A course focused on a public event in 2008 with focus on L.M. Montgomery.
Other Upper-Level Undergraduate Courses
- Dadaists, Avant-gardists, and Modernists
- American Literature from 1865-1914
- Feminist Readings
- Modernist Women: Elsa von Freytag-Loringhoven
- Canadian Prose Fiction
- L. M. Montgomery
- L. M. Montgomery: Hauptseminar (Graduate course)
Introductory and Survey Courses
- Introduction to Fiction
- English Literature from 1832 to the Present
- Survey of Literature in English from 1785 to the Present
- Writing by Women
- Continental Literature in Translation
- Introduction to English: Forms and Approaches
- Introduction to American Fiction
- Introduction to the Western Tradition
- English Composition
- Advanced Expository Writing